Welcome to the first post of Wholesome Road!
Living a wholesome life can be defined as continuously doing things that make you feel fulfilled and are good for your overall well-being – physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Wholesome living and looking after ourselves are important for every single one of us. Spending time educating ourselves on topics that are important to our well-being is one of the best ways we can spend our time. And there’s masses of information that can helps us make better choices in life.
It’s up to us as individuals to make the choices that create positivity in our lives.
We make better and more wholesome decisions when we have more knowledge and education about the:
- foods that we put into our body which help us perform
- movements our bodies create, and
- activities we spend our time on.
Our lives comprise of what we spend our time on. So what you invest your time on, you’ll get more of.
We are How We Spend Our Time
Wholesome Road is dedicated to the ideas which will give us the most positive benefits in our lives. Then we can tailor how we spend our time and energy for the greatest benefit.
Looking at your time objectively can help you to see what things you can adjust to ensure you’re making the right choices to be as happy and as wholesome as you’re able to be.
The main assets we can offer both ourselves and the world are our time and attention. They’re the first things we can offer people just by showing up.
It’s important to be mindful about how we spend our time. One of the pioneers of personal development, Brian Tracy, often emphasises that our common habits shape our lives. What we decide to do everyday reflects what kind of life we will have. How we spend our time is a reflection of what we think about and what we value enough to put effort into.
Once you add up all the little things that we do each day, you can tell what you value. Taking stock of what I spend time on has really opened my eyes to what I am likely to create in my life. Once I start noticing that what I’m spending time on isn’t fulfilling me in some way, I try to take action to improve or change how I spend my time.
Daily Wholesome Activities
I started writing this blog so I can document all the things in my life that make me feel wholesome. Collating and writing about the things in life that inspire me to be more wholesome continue help me to gain momentum as I become even more motivated to explore these topics and share my ideas!
See here for more on why I created Wholesome Road.
Most of us already know things we could spend more time on doing things to feel more wholesome. I’ve included some quick and easy wholesome activities that I try to do daily to maintain a healthy body and mind:
- Eat Nutrient Rich, Natural Wholefoods – Mindfully: Food is fuel for our bodies and minds so feeding them with the best possible nutrients is important. Fruit and vegetables are my staples and everyday I remind myself to breath, relax and enjoy feeding my body. Check out the Recipe section for my creations.
- Drink lots of H2O: Water is underrated! Drinking water throughout the day is essential for optimal well-being. Our bodies are made up of so much water and when we use our bodies, it’s essential that we replenish those water levels.
- Move: We all live busy lives and it’s easy to let time get away from us without setting aside time to move our bodies. I try to work exercise into every day to get my blood pumping and feel my heart beating.
- Meditation / Quiet Time: There are countless benefits of meditating. I try to spend at least five minutes of meditation or quiet time every day focusing on deep breathing and relaxation.
- Gratitude: Simply reflecting on some of the many things I am thankful for greatly improves my well-being. Appreciating just five things a day can improve our lives. To get the ball rolling, I start off thinking about those who are close to me and what they have brought into my life and gratitude simply snowballs from there.
- Read: or watch, or speak about information that feeds our souls. Everyday I try to feed my mind that encourages a wholesome lifestyle.
Consistency is the key. These are just some of the small daily steps I take towards creating a wholesome life.
We need to be kind and listen to ourselves so that we continue to make improvements towards achieving what we want in life.
Beating ourselves up and feeling guilty for missing a day isn’t going to be encouraging to continue that activity. We need to forgive ourselves for not being perfect. We just need to remind ourselves that we will feel better about taking those actions daily.
By being aware of thoughts and listening to how our body feels, we receive insights as to what we should be doing more or less of.
- What do you enjoy spending time on?
- What daily actions do you take to live a wholesome life?
- What wholesome activities do you ensure you get done in the time that you have?