Lola Berry is a passionate Australian dedicated to spreading innovative ideas about healthy and delicious foods.
In true Aussie fashion, it’s Lola’s mission to become the Steve Irwin of fruit and veges. She says that the main purpose of food is to nourish the body as well as to share and enjoy with loved ones.
Lola sparked her love for nutritious food. She hadn’t focused on her health and was feeling unenergetic in her body – so she decided to go on a detox. She felt radical positive differences in her body and mind after feeding herself with healthy foods. Lola then qualified as a nutritionist and, in time, a yoga teacher. She’s a true wholesome babe.
Her cookbook The 20/20 Diet Cookbook includes over 100 recipes which help readers to “Transform your life and body with high-energy wholefoods”.
The 20/20 Diet Cookbook Itself
The 20/20 Diet Cookbook is Lola’s third book and this cookbook is an extension of her book The 20/20 Diet in which she shares health tips around how she lost 20 kilograms in 20 weeks.
Recipes in The 20/20 Diet Cookbook are:
- Gluten free
- Wheat free
- Sugar free
There is something in this cookbook for everyone. From the start of the book, Lola identifies that we all have different goals and different preferences when it comes to food.
Lola emphasises that she used mindfulness and creativity in the kitchen. You’ve got to use your senses and enjoy what feels nice, smells nice, looks nice and tastes nice.
Like most cookbooks, Lola goes through common ingredients and utensils. One of the main ingredients on the list is – your smile. Having a positive approach to cooking will help to improve mindsets around health.
The 20/20 Diet Cookbook recipes sections:
- Brekkies: a sophisticated delicious twist on the old favourites – muesli, granola, loaves, eggs. Favourite recipes include the quinoa porridge, pancakes, carrot porridge, oats and chia pudding.
- Smoothies & Juices: an amazing range of delicious and healthy choices with both sweet and savoury flavours suitable for all desires.
- Snacks: many of these snacks are perfect for groups with recipes for pesto, dips, soup and crepes.
- Vegan & Vegetarian: a huge range of delicious treats perfect for both meat eaters and vegos. The recipes include quinoa salads, unique rainbow salads and a cauliflower pizza base.
- Fish, Poultry & Meat: a range of different types of options including roast, cutlets and spaghetti.
- Sweet treats: Lola is a self confessed sweet tooth and this section is perfect to show how eating sweet foods is simple with healthy and natural ingredients. The recipes range includes bliss balls, zucchini mini muffins, Anzac biscuits with a twist, banana bread, chocolate mouse, and apple crumble. The Lemon Pie Bites pictured below are an amazingly tasty and innovative recipe.
All of The 20/20 Diet Cookbook recipes use natural, wholesome ingredients which help our bodies to perform at their best. Wholesome Road appreciates Lola’s focus on nourishing our bodies with delicious and healthy foods. Check out Lola’s website and other books here.
- What are your favourite cookbooks?
- What cookbooks or recipes have inspired you to use creativity in the kitchen?
- Do you try recipes that are gluten-free or sugar-free even though you can still eat those ingredients?